SSL-Decrypt with ftp protocol

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL-Decrypt with ftp protocol

L0 Member

Hi, could I use SSL-Decrypt wiht FTP-SSL (no secure ftp). It seems doesn't work, if you put "decrypt" in SSl-Decryption the ftp connection begin but it stops and never shows the palo Alto certificate. I've put "any" in category column but I've tested with unknown too. Could it be that the SSL-Decryption doesn't work if the destination is not a URL?.

With no-decrypt the SSL-FTP works fine.

Thank you in advance

Samuel

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hello Samuel,

this is indeed a bug that our content team is currently working on. Please expect a fix for this within the next two weeks (...or next two content releases). Sorry for the inconvenience.

thank you,

Stephen Whyte

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hello Samuel,

this is indeed a bug that our content team is currently working on. Please expect a fix for this within the next two weeks (...or next two content releases). Sorry for the inconvenience.

thank you,

Stephen Whyte

Thank you Stephen. Is there any older release where this bug doesn't exists?

Best regards

Samuel

Has this bug been released in the mean while ?

We plan to inspect FTP-S traffic in the future.

Yes, SSL decryption does work with FTP.  This was an old discusion string.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!