SSL VPN over Dial-Up Speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL VPN over Dial-Up Speeds

L2 Linker

YES, you read it right!  DIAL-UP speeds!  Unfortunantly we have some users that have old 1x and iDEN air cards that are probably slower than some Dial-Up speeds.  It is what it is I suppose.  Our old IPSEC vpn (Check Point) client really didn't complain about it much, it was slow but still connected.  We are moving our users over to the Palo Alto SSL VPN, and we're not having alot of luck with these slow devices.  Broadband users, no problem!  With these iDEN devices, I have the client installed (manually from the MSI), I can login, get the spalsh screen, get the client status window... 'Connecting......' , 'connecting.......', 'Disconnected'.  It says it can't contact the server.  I know it's related to the slow connection, but is there anything I can do to prevent a timeout or whatever else might be happening here?  Is there an alternative to the Palo Alto client that I can use and go back to an IPsec tunnel?

TIA

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

I wonder if it's not just the speed of the link, but perhaps the MTU is lower and it's breaking up the packets in a way the firewall is not expecting?  Then again, maybe it's just taking too long to connect.  Sounds like a support case and packet capture may be necessary.

Cheers,

Kelly

Hi,

As Kelly mentioned, it is very likely a MTU issue. Please go to the tunnel interface and change the MTU (default is 1500).

Regards,

Jones

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!