Stable OS version as of April 2018

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Stable OS version as of April 2018

L2 Linker

Hi,

We have multiple firewalls with different version of O.S.

Could someone give me a summary of recommended version/release per each major OS version?

Like what would be the recommended version for the ff versions: 7.0, 7.1, 8.0?

Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@theonewhoknocks,

Your best bet would be to simply open a TAC ticket as everyone else would simply have what TAC last recommended to them. I do believe that the actual Palo Alto community members have access  to this information, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I've included the list below as it's as accurate as my last TAC contact, note that it only includes the latest recommended releases.  

7.0.19 (You shouldn't be using this software version at all anymore, it is EOL.)

8.0.8 (This may have gone to 8.0.9, but I doubt it) 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@theonewhoknocks,

Your best bet would be to simply open a TAC ticket as everyone else would simply have what TAC last recommended to them. I do believe that the actual Palo Alto community members have access  to this information, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I've included the list below as it's as accurate as my last TAC contact, note that it only includes the latest recommended releases.  

7.0.19 (You shouldn't be using this software version at all anymore, it is EOL.)

8.0.8 (This may have gone to 8.0.9, but I doubt it) 

@BPry

We're really planning to upgrade all to 8.0.x. It's just that we have limited window time, so upgrades will be gradual. So I'm looking for a stable release for each major version. 

Thank you for the quick response!

@theonewhoknocks,

If you are going with gradual installs that may take some time to complete, I would really take a look at going with 8.0.9. This build has been very stable and if it's going to be awhile until your next update as it addresses a pretty wide array of issues across multiple different platforms. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!