Static group, that has 2 dynamic groups as members, used in decryption policy?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Static group, that has 2 dynamic groups as members, used in decryption policy?

L1 Bithead

I have a static group with 2 dynamic groups as its members, that is in turn used as the source object in a no-decrypt rule. I have discovered that this does not work; decrypt still happens. However If I use the dynamic groups directly as sources in the no-decrypt rule it works as expected. This same static group DOES work fine in the security policy, as a source for an outbound SSH rule.

Is this expected behavior perhaps?

We're on v9.0.9. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Not sure if its expected behavior. However in the past I have stayed away from nested groups as it has caused me many issues especially with Active Directory as well as other products.

Regards,

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!