STIX and TAXII support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

STIX and TAXII support

L2 Linker

Hi all,

Anyone used minemeld with STIX and TAXII?  While we pretty familure with STIX/TAXII - only just booted minemeld for the first time.

Cheers,

Scotty

36 REPLIES 36

I actually need help setting this up what information do you need to help provide assistance? Thanks for your hlep!

@lmori wrote:

Hi Scotty,

yes, there are some MineMeld instances out there retrieving indicators via STIX/TAXII, from TIPs mainly.

There are a couple of prototypes for hailataxii feeds in the prototype library you can check as examples.

Let me know if you need some help in setting up the TAXII Miner.

Good Afternoon, 

Can we please set up a webmeeting today to solve this issue? Thanks for your help!

@lmori wrote:

Hi @pjames_ucla,

would you mind sending me the minemeld-engine.log file over at lmori@paloaltonetworks.com ?

I would like to take a look at the error. Or we can set up a webmeeting to troubleshoot it.

Thanks,

luigi

@lmori Thanks for your response can we please set up a webmeeting today to troubleshoot? Thanks for your help!

-P

@pjames_ucla wrote:

Good Afternoon, 

Can we please set up a webmeeting today to solve this issue? Thanks for your help!

@lmori wrote:

Hi @pjames_ucla,

would you mind sending me the minemeld-engine.log file over at lmori@paloaltonetworks.com ?

I would like to take a look at the error. Or we can set up a webmeeting to troubleshoot it.

Thanks,

luigi

@ScottyAU did you ever get this working correctly? If so what was the hangup? I am having similar problems. 

sIs there an updated list of the stix object/vocabulary currently supported by minemeld taxii/stix miner / output nodes?

It will be very useful.

Kind regars.

Sebastiano

Hi @Sebastiano,

sorry for the late reply, as of 0.9.40 (and soon 0.9.42) these are the object supported by the TAXII Miner. Extent of support may vary between different object type:

• DomainNameObjectType
  • FileObjectType
  • SocketAddressObjectType
  • AddressObjectType
  • URIObjectType
  • LinkObjectType
  • EmailMessageObjectType
  • ArtifactObjectType
  • PDFFileObjectType
  • WhoisObjectType
  • HTTPSessionObjectType
  • PortObjectType
  • WindowsExecutableFileObjectType

The TAXII DataFeed output node instead translates into TAXII the following MineMeld indicator types:

• IPv4
  • IPv6
  • URL
  • domain
  • sha256
  • sha1
  • md5

Please let me know if you are looking for support of additional object/indicator types.

L1 Bithead

so, i wanted to know how can we integrate ibm x force free feeds to minemeld.

@ScottyAU wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone used minemeld with STIX and TAXII?  While we pretty familure with STIX/TAXII - only just booted minemeld for the first time.

Cheers,

Scotty

• 36 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!