suggestions for Pano os 6.1.x

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

suggestions for Pano os 6.1.x

L3 Networker

Hi All,

Please suggest a stable release from 6.1.x line

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

~Harry

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

With 6.1.7 just being released on September 23, it is too early to consider that officially recommended.

6.1.6 is officially recommended for all firewall platforms.

For Panorama, it is stable with a single known issue. Bug 81584, fixed in 6.1.7, was reported and found to be present in 6.1.3 through 6.1.6. It causes NTP status to show as "rejected" instead of "synchronized". If you don't use NTP then you can upgrade without issue.

-Greg

View solution in original post

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

What I tend to do is read the release notes from the newest release of that family. Then I look at all the fixes and what is a known vulnerability and make the call at that time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

With 6.1.7 just being released on September 23, it is too early to consider that officially recommended.

6.1.6 is officially recommended for all firewall platforms.

For Panorama, it is stable with a single known issue. Bug 81584, fixed in 6.1.7, was reported and found to be present in 6.1.3 through 6.1.6. It causes NTP status to show as "rejected" instead of "synchronized". If you don't use NTP then you can upgrade without issue.

-Greg

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

What I tend to do is read the release notes from the newest release of that family. Then I look at all the fixes and what is a known vulnerability and make the call at that time.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!