Suitable Palo Alto Firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Suitable Palo Alto Firewall

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone ,

I have an enterprise network and two simple outside networks that are connected to the enterprise network via Firewall. The enterprise network includes 50 windows users and 2 windows servers and storage. I intend to install a Palo Alto Firewall with Internet access and two external networks.

I would appreciate your help in advising me about the most appropriate Palo Alto Firewall that will be appropriate for my network. 

2 REPLIES 2

Hey @Ziad_Zahra ,

Have you checked comparation tool provided by Palo Alto? It is very useful to see the difference between the models side by side.

Palo Alto actually had an video a while back, which demostrate why it is hard to determine best suitable device based only the number of users. You may want to focus first on expected throughput and concurrent connections

I would suggest you to take a look at the relatively new PA-400 series. They are quite powerfull for their size. I haven't work with PA-220 before, but probably it will not be sufficient for your case.

Below you can check comparison between PA-400 series and PA-220

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/product-comparison?chosen=pa-220,pa-410,pa-440

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

When looking at the specs, I always utilize the smallest numbers even if I dont intend to use that feature. You never know what will change in the future. Look at the bandwidth and start there, e.g. how much do you have to the internet and the other two sites? Then make sure the model you choose can accommodate the traffic. Also are you going to route the other sites traffic out the local internet or over the VPN out the main firewall? Once you find these numbers I would make sure the model is speced for less than 50% of your intended traffic.

Since growth is always an option I would look at the PA-460 or PA-3410, anything less you be too small and anything more could be too large ( if there is such a thing 🙂 ). 

Regards,

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!