Syslog within a Multiple Vsys environment

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Syslog within a Multiple Vsys environment

L3 Networker

Hi All,

I have a pair of 5220's, running version 10.0.7 and we are running multiple vsys's on it.

We need to set up syslog on one particular vsys to send log data to a service within that environment.

I have configured this but the syslog data seems to be heading out of the management interface and not the designated interface.

For configuration I have:

1. Configured Device>Server Profiles>Syslog with a syslog server with location of the vsys. I had to duplicate this to shared for reason below.

2. My existing Log Forwarding profile for this vsys was updated to the vsys named Syslog Server.

3. Device>Log Settings has been updated to add the named Syslog server - only the shared instance as the Vsys syslog server does not appear in the list.

4. The Syslog Service Route for that vsys has been changed to the interface required for the syslog server traffic.

All rules have been configured for log forwarding and this is working.

The syslog server does not send traffic out of that interface but the management interface when checking the logs.

Any ideas?

Regards

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @a.jones ,

Are you managing your firewall configurations from Panorama server ? If yes then please check if Panorama pushed template configuration on local firewall is overridden. 

M

L0 Member

Hi Adrian - how did you go with this?

• 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!