System Log Guide for PAN-OS 5.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

System Log Guide for PAN-OS 5.0

L1 Bithead

I'm looking for the sytsem log reference guide for PanOS 5.0.

Any idea where I might be able to find this?

Regards.

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

page 70 in the admin guide 5.0 https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-4118

This is System Setting Guide not System Log Reference

I'm looking for the system log reference like below.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2821

Regards.

L6 Presenter

What about this one, close enough?

I think S-araki want find a document Syslog Log Referense like System_log_PANOS4.1rev3.xls, but for PANOS version 5.0 and I am finding it too.

Did anyone ever find an updated System Log Events worksheet for 5.0 or now 6.0?  The 4.1 worksheet is Excellent and would be nice to have an updated version.  I'm also trying to find out of there's a System Log Event on the FW when it can't connect to Panorama because of PAN-OS version issues.  The other day, someone was trying to add to 5.1.5 Panorama a 6.0 FW and couldn't figure out why it wasn't connecting to Panorama.

Hello Jwolach,

While you are managing PAN FW from the Panorama server, the Panorama OS should be same or greater version than PAN FW. You cannot manage a 6.0.x FW from a 5.1.5 Panorama. Smiley Happy

Thanks

Hulk,

I'm very much aware of that but, the customer wasn't and it would be nice to have some event in the firewall's System Log that says something to that affect.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

This information should be available on ms.log file.

Cli command > less mp-log ms.log

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!