TeamSpeak 3.x not recognized by App-ID

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TeamSpeak 3.x not recognized by App-ID

L2 Linker

TeamSpeak is a voice app that uses a proprietary VoIP protocol. The 3.x version of TeamSpeak was no longer recognized by its existing App-ID, so I've captured some packets and submitted it to TAC for an update. This updated app-ID is targeted for release in the content database 380.

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

Anything ever happen with this?  Our students just came back and we are getting complaints about TS3.

I guess you will have to notify the appid team about this in case they missed it.

Stephen,

I had worked this through TAC, case # 00138028. They had re-written TeamSpeak app-ID, and had successfully tested it with TS v3.x. I have not been able to make it work yet on my end, even after updating the content on box. I know that using the app-ID, the application TeamSpeak will still open...but when its working, no voice traffic will pass. I coupled this rule with a couple specific servers hosting the teamspeak. You can create an address group under Objects tab, and keep adding TS servers as you find them.

If it's not working for you at an app level though, please open a ticket- or reopen ticket 00138028.

Turns out it was our Procera Traffic Shaper whacking the traffic.  The PANs were fine.

Thanks for the followup 🙂

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!