Terminal Server Agent port redirection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Terminal Server Agent port redirection

L0 Member

We are having some issues regarding the port redirection when combined with third party program. 

This program brings up a TCP listening port that TS Agent redirect to the designated port in the default range (20000-39999) but the program doesn't notice this redirection and keeps trying to stablish the connection on the non-redirected port (i.e: The program is configured to bring up the TCP listening port 49001, TS Agent redirects it to 20000 but connection is still trying to be stablished at 49001).

Is there a way to prevent a port or a port range to be redirected no matter the user?

The only way I can think of to bypass this behaviour would be to add the program's port range to the System Reserved Source Ports but since it's OS related, I don't think editing registry for such a thing would be the best practice. I was wondering if  there is a better way to solve this problem.

patsa.png

I'm running the TS Agent version 9.1.0-11 (same issue with version 8.1) 😎 and Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks.

1 accepted solution
1 REPLY 1
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!