Threat-version: 434-2198 and new signatures - problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Threat-version: 434-2198 and new signatures - problem

L4 Transporter

Hello

We can read in email "Palo Alto Networks Content Updated" that version 435 give us:

New Vulnerability Signatures (4)

SeverityIDAttack NameCVE IDVendor IDDefault ActionMinimum PAN-OS Version
low36421Phishing Webpage Detectionalert4.0.0
critical36442Malicious Flash file Detectionalert4.0.0
critical36443Apache Structs ClassLoader Manipulation Security Bypass VulnerabilityCVE-2014-0113alert4.0.0
critical36444Microsoft Internet Explorer Memory Corruption VulnerabilityCVE-2014-1776MS14-021reset-client

I have this update installed:

show system info :

treat-version: 434-2198

threat-release-date: 2014/04/29  12:08:29

I'd like to make execptions for 36421 and give for it action block (or reset) but I'm unable to do it. I can't find such id

2014-05-07_085744.png

What I do wrong?

Regards

SLawek

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you have installed 434-2198 but the applications come with 435-2208 Version 435 Content Release Notes

Regards,

Frank

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

I 'm unable to select new aplication too:

New Applications (3)

RiskNameCategorySubcategoryTechnologyDepends OnPreviously Identified AsMinimum PAN-OS Version
4bittorrent-syncgeneral-internetfile-sharingclient-serverbittorrent,web-browsingweb-browsing, unknown-udp3.1.0
4openmeetingscollaborationinternet-conferencingclient-serverflash,rtmp,rtmpt,web-browsing,websocketweb-browsing,websocket,flash,rtmp,rtmpt3.1.0
1yik-yakcollaborationsocial-networkingclient-serverapple-maps,google-maps,ssl,web-browsingweb-browsing,ssl

Could anyone confirm that this is not only my problem?

Regards

SLawek

Hello,

Running PA500 (5.0.12) with 434-2198.

Same problem here...

Regards,

HA

Hi,

you have installed 434-2198 but the applications come with 435-2208 Version 435 Content Release Notes

Regards,

Frank

oops You are right Frank.

But the question is why they sending emails with anounce new version when this version isn't available to download. I checked that is something newer than I had alredy installed bofore I create this topic.

Regards

Slawek

The email i recieved was sent at: Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 16:48:15 -0700

Have you checked your update scheduler on the PA for these updates?

L4 Transporter

Of course Yes, I did it by clicking Check Now in Dynamic updates section.

Regards

Slawek

Maybe the update server you connected to did not hold the update if you checked short after the release of the notification.

In wich timezone are you?

Did you get the update now?

L4 Transporter

Hi KBE

it was probably as You wrote

I'm on CET zone, I got update when I sow Frank response.

Regards

Slawek

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!