Time based No-decrypt rule?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Time based No-decrypt rule?

L3 Networker

Hi All,

On my site we have a Decrypt-all rule in place (apart from some no-decrypt rules for specific business related sites).

The problem I have is that some users are having issues accessing sites like Easyjet and Ryanair's booking pages, this I am fairly sure is due to the Palo Box decrypting the info and the websites not liking that.

Now this is not work related so as such I don't want them doing it during working hours. However, I don't mind them doing so during lunch breaks. So my question is, can I do a no-decrypt rule for certain sites like this that only comes into affect during lunch hours?

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

Sounds odd because using a regular webbrowser and these sites are on the internet I dont really see why PA would be the fault here (unless they use some unsupported TLS version or such)?

Yes, these are all using a standard web browser. But the only reason I know it is the PA box is because if I put a no-decyrpt rule in for those sites in question then it works. Without them and with the decrypt-all rule in place it doesn't work. The website loads but then will get to a point where it will not continue.

This have only really noticed it on https sites though.

Do you have a direct link which doesnt load on your PA with decrypt-all enabled which I (or someone else) could test with?

By the way, could you verify if this is the case for you?

Yes, it looks like that might be the case I am having. A few links that you could try. Halfway through booking a flight through www.ryanair.com

Or using Dropbox.com. There are a few other travel websites, such as bookings.com and easyjet.com

While other https sites like gmail.com works without problems?

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!