Trace the path the VPN takes too and through the firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Trace the path the VPN takes too and through the firewall

L4 Transporter

I tired using the show routing route which displays the routing table. I did not do the initial configuration of the VPN's we have and I would like to be able to find a way to "draw a line" showing how the VPN works and is configured. I need  visual.

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jdprovine,

Are we talking about the GlobalProtect VPN or are you talking about the VPN that you have setup on that ASA? 

@BPry

The global protect VPN

There must not be a good way to do this

@jdprovine,

Sorry a lot of people are currently at Ignite so answers might take a few. I'm not aware of an easy way to really draw this out. Since GlobalProtect resides on the firewall itself you really don't need a static route or anything like that for the traffic in most cases. 

So since the GP lives on the firewall (likely in it's own zone) it will kind of take the same path that traffic from/to the firewall in general would. You should be able to do traceroutes once you've connected to GP if your security policies allow that to take place. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!