Traps Uninstallation Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traps Uninstallation Issue

L3 Networker

I’m trying to install the latest version CortexXDR 7.02 however I’m unable to remove the previous Traps installation that is still shown in the registry files.

We are on current Traps agent 6.11.18549 and we can remove this successfully however unable to remove Traps agent 6.00.4961

This is what I’m using below in a batch file: (did not include our password)

msiexec /x {CE7632AD-19DA-43AA-A3F8-80D9E67F4474} UNINSTALL_PASSWORD= <Our Password> /qn

msiexec /x {3F6C7951-32D6-4688-AF37-9C895478D6E8} UNINSTALL_PASSWORD= <Our Password> /qn

msiexec /i "CortexXDR_7-0-2-42857_x64.msi" /qn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Traps 6.00.4961 does not appear in programs list however if we use Microsoft Uninstall troubleshooter, this old version is still installed.

As per Reddit article https://www.reddit.com/r/paloaltonetworks/comments/84dorr/traps_cannot_be_removed/

Is there a way I can script complete removal of previous traps installation and pushed this via SCCM?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Jatin.Singh 

Contact support and get the Traps Cleaner for the version that you are having an issue with. They'll send you a folder with three files on it, and you can package that for SCCM. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Jatin.Singh 

Contact support and get the Traps Cleaner for the version that you are having an issue with. They'll send you a folder with three files on it, and you can package that for SCCM. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!