Trying to find a method to prevent GlobalProtect logs from forwarding to our SIEM.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Trying to find a method to prevent GlobalProtect logs from forwarding to our SIEM.

L2 Linker

I am trying to find the correct configuration to prevent or exclude globalprotect logs from forwarding to our SIEM.

I have filtered the type of event "globalprotect" but dont seem to be able to configure this as a filter in my log forwarding on my appliance.

Graeme_Riddell_0-1584547476761.png

The above log entry is from "System" but this is not listed as a log type to choose from for forwarding. As expected with increased home working our Events Per Second count has rapidly increased and I would like to exclude this type of traffic from forwarding to SIEM but keep what I originally had.

Any advise or tips very much welcome.

Kind regards,

Graeme

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Graeme_Riddell,

So your system log forwarding will be under Device->Log Settings in the GUI, which is probably where your SIEM is getting these logs, not the log forwarding profile. Look what you have under 'System' and configure the filter as required for the entry sending the logs to your SIEM. 

Thanks for the reply.

That's is exactly where I ma , trying to configure the correct filter for "globalprotect" user authentications and trying to create the correct filter to exclude those logs from being forwarded, as yet I have failed miserably on constructing the correct filter.

Many Thanks,

Graeme

Hello,

Logs are invaluable, especially client vpn logs. Just curious as to why you dont want them in your SIEM?

Regards,

Completely agree with you.

But I have no budget to pay up the EPS count addition for our SIEM.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!