TS-Agent Signature Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TS-Agent Signature Issue

L2 Linker

Hi,

I am setting up a  new Windows 2016 server that will host RDS.  I have installed TS-Agent (8.0.12).  No issues installing, however, the service won't start.

I am receiving  receiving the following:

The PAN TS Service failed to start for the following reason:

Windows cannot verify the Digital Signature for the file. A recent hardware or softrware change might have installed a file that is installed incorrectly or damaged or might be malicious software from an unknown source.

Has anyone else seen this or no of a work-around other than disabling signature checking on files.

Thanks for the help.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Actually right now I don't have the official recommendation in my mind ... but I use it the same way: TS Agent on 8.1 and firewalls on 8.0 ... works perfectly fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Thank you so much. for the reply   Does it matter that I am runing PAN OS 8.0.10 at the moment?  What is the rule for different versions of TS Agent and the compatibility with the PAN OS?  I thought if I was on the 8.0 branch, I had to stay on the same for TS Agent.

I am planning to upgrade to a new version of PAN OS, but I wasn't planning on doing this until after I have my new RDS Server installed.

Actually right now I don't have the official recommendation in my mind ... but I use it the same way: TS Agent on 8.1 and firewalls on 8.0 ... works perfectly fine.

Thanks for the help.  Installing the latest agent as you indiciated fixes the issue.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!