TSF file has entry of Core files but downloaded bundle says otherwise

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TSF file has entry of Core files but downloaded bundle says otherwise

L2 Linker

Dear Patrons,

I had an issue with PA where secondary active firewall stopped processing the traffic and unable to access the device from remote as well.

We did a hard reboot to bring up the device and the connection restored successfully, but we wanted to investigate hence downloaded the Tech Support file  and found HA2 went down, and also there is core file generated for the same timing as below,

/opt/dpfs/var/cores/old:

total 34M

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 19M Apr 15 15:29 core.1238

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 44M Apr 15 15:29 core.1234

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 20M Apr 15 15:29 core.11976

But the path doesn't have the files in it.

Did anyone came across this issue?

Running PANOS version is 8.1.8

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

@Pradeepkumar064 

I don't believe the core files are included as part of the tech support file.   Please see this link for how to download the core files,

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClfUCAS

E

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

@Pradeepkumar064 

I don't believe the core files are included as part of the tech support file.   Please see this link for how to download the core files,

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClfUCAS

E

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!