twitter not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

twitter not working

L4 Transporter

Twitter is not working. I create the simple policy but I got this error. aslo create the application override but still I  got same error i  have also change my browser but still same please suggest.

Joshan_Lakhani_0-1597479738514.png

12 REPLIES 12

L7 Applicator

@Joshan_Lakhani Some more information would be nice in order to help here ...

• Is internetaccess in general working?
  • How does the security policy look like?
  • Do you have dropped connections in the log?
  • Is TLS decryption enabled and working properly?

@Remo thanks for you reply

• Is internetaccess in general working?

Yes internet is working fine once we bypass the paloalto and connect directly laptop with ISP router it's working fine once  i connect laptop behind the palolalto i go this error.

• How does the security policy look like

Create test policy the security policy source “any” destination “any” destination ip address 10.x.x.x Application any and remove security profiles and action “allow” and put on TOP

• Do you have dropped connections in the log?

In traffic log Session reason "TCP Fin "

• Is TLS decryption enabled and working properly?

No decryption is enable 

Addition Information: i have also create the application override but issue still same

I have delete the browse cookies but issue still not response. Please suggest

@Joshan_Lakhani So when you are behind the paloalto, you only have problems with twitter or with internetaccess in general?

@Remo 

No only the issue is with  Twitter

all the other social networking site are allow and it's working fine

@Joshan_Lakhani Do youbuse url filtering? If yes, do you have blocked categories configured and did you also check the url log for blocked urls?

Did you try with a policy that allows any?

@Remo 

I have create the policy any but the issue still same

In this case please open the website again but this time with developer tools opened in the browser and then go to the network tab. There you should see if some requests are failing. For further help here I kindly ask you to provide some more screenshots (network tab of the developer tools, security policy, logs on the firewall).

@Joshan_Lakhani 

You really need to check the Traffic logs and URL filtering logs for any errors.

Also Run this command from CLI 

show session all filter source your pc ip  destination twiter ip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ID Application State Type Flag Src[Sport]/Zone/Proto (translated IP[Port])
Vsys Dst[Dport]/Zone (translated IP[Port])
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12913 web-browsing ACTIVE FLOW *NS 192.168.200.105[53346]/NetGear_DMZ/6 (x.x.x.x[1750])
vsys1 104.244.42.194[443]/PA_EXT (104.244.42.194[443])

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

@MP18  Thanks for you reply

As we are not using the URL Filtering and in the session id  Traffic is "TCP-FIN"

@Joshan_Lakhani 

As Remo mentioned do the developer tools in your browser and do the PCAP with source and destination IP address.

Regards

MP

@MP18 @Remo 

Today i took the PCAP and does not find any drop on Firewall. 

But i open FW file i can see this can you please suggest me 

Joshan_Lakhani_0-1597777818273.pngJoshan_Lakhani_1-1597777854909.png

Joshan_Lakhani_2-1597777891106.png

@Joshan_Lakhani 

This error normally comes if we are doing ssl decryption on the traffic and one of the reason can be  Cert pinning.

As you said you are not doing ssl decryption and you are using custom application override for this rule?

I ill suggest make a new test rule without any application override and move this new rule on top from the current security rule and 

please test again.

Regards

MP

• 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!