Unable to install Applications / Threats 360-1705

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to install Applications / Threats 360-1705

L4 Transporter

Hi all,

Is anybody else having problems installing Applications / Threats definitions 360-1705 please?

One half of my HA pair of PA-2020s has installed this OK but the other has not.  The install and push completes OK but the active version remains at 359-1703.

Both devices were running OS 4.1.6 but these have both been upgraded to 4.1.9 today.  I have tried to reapply 360-1705 but exactly the same thing happens.

During one of my attempts to apply 360-1705 on Friday the management server crashed and restarted.  This only happened once though and I must have tried installing 5 or 6 times now.

The device has been rebooted twice now.  Once as part of the upgrade process and once again afterwards.

Does anybody have any ideas please?

Many thanks,

Dave

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Found the problem Smiley Happy

I've never noticed the boxes in "Dynamic Updates" to delete downloaded definitions before.  My laptop has a teeny screen and they were just out of sight.  Anyway, I've deleted 360-1705, redownloaded it and installed it and it works!

I'm surprised that the install and push both got to 100% without any error but there you go.

Many thanks,

Dave

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

strange issue.You may try to revert an old version app and then try to upgrade to this version by uploading file directly to device.

if issue occurs again wait the new version.That is my opinion.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes I did consider installing older version but oddly the only "Applications and Threats" definitions showing in "Dynamic Updates" now are 360-1705 (showing as downloaded but not installed).

I could upload an older one then install from file I guess. Might try that tomorrow.

Thanks,

Dave

also check for the licenses on that device.because if no threat license retreived again you cannot install app and threat.But you can install just App.

you are welcome.

Found the problem Smiley Happy

I've never noticed the boxes in "Dynamic Updates" to delete downloaded definitions before.  My laptop has a teeny screen and they were just out of sight.  Anyway, I've deleted 360-1705, redownloaded it and installed it and it works!

I'm surprised that the install and push both got to 100% without any error but there you go.

Many thanks,

Dave

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!