Unable to ping website, getting this site can't be reached

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to ping website, getting this site can't be reached

L0 Member

Hello, 

I'm a novice so I could use any help, RTFM, just point me in the right direction. I currently having an issue getting to a vendor site, can't ping the website or view the page. But from outside of our organization, it page comes up just fine and pings. 

when I perform a dns lookup, I can see dns entries and when I ping it, I'm getting another ip address other than the dns entries. when I check my logs, I see that the site is getting picked up by one of the block security rules. it's currently set for action of reset-both. When I check the security rule, I'm not seeing any of ip addresses or subnets for the vendor page. any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Hi.

Does the firewall have access to the internet? Can you ping Google Servers?

Did you add Security Policy rule and NAT policy rule?

Best regards!

Rashadat Seyidzada
Azerbaijan, Baku

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

When checking the log of one of the blocked requests, click the magnifying glass on the left and it should pull up more information for you and hopefully show you where the traffic was blocked. I suspect it was either by URL blocking or your org does not allow the ping application outbound?

Regards,

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!