unknown-tcp going out to yahoo servers - pls update applipedia

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

unknown-tcp going out to yahoo servers - pls update applipedia

L3 Networker

part of my routine is looking for unknown-tcp and udp connections out. Love the feature.

For a while ive seen a good amount of unknown-tcp connections out to yahoo.com domains.

Anyone else seeing this?

PA: Are you guys looking into this so I dont ahve to screen these IPs out when I do my checks.

heres the ranges, they are all yahoo

206.190.37.0/24

206.190.36.0/24

98.138.243.0/24

216.39.55.0/24

98.138.49.0/24

98.136.223.0/24

67.195.146.0/24

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Hello,

Please make sure the security policy allows all the yahoo applications as stated in applipedia or at least the ones which you are trying to access (for e.g. yahoo-mail, yahoo-finance-posting) or you have a application-any service-any policy configured.

Please refer to this blog: unknown-tcp / udp - please explain

L7 Applicator

Is there any specific yahoo-based application is not identified by the PAN FW. I saw a similar issue for SMTP.yahoo.com for port 465 which is not mentioned on the Applipedia ( Application Research Center )

yahoo.JPG.jpg

Could you please explain the issue in details, so it would be easier for us to provide you the exact answer.

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!