Upgrade Minemeld Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgrade Minemeld Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04

L3 Networker

I tried a do-release upgrade on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and it took me to 18.04 LTS without issue.  However minemeld says "Bad gateway" when I try to log into it.  I tried to check for updates and figured maybe the source would be changed from xenial-minemeld main to bionic-minemeld main ie)

deb HTTP://minemeld-updates.panw.io/ubuntu bionic-minemeld main.

However apt-get update says that the bionic-minemeld InRelease is not signed.

Has anyone gotten minemeld working on 18.04 (or even higher)?

Our falcon spotlight just shows too many open CVE's on 16.04, that is greatly reduced going to 18.04, and then almost all but eliminated going to 20.04 (which would be my next step if I can get this working).

let me know if this is possible to upgrade, or if I have to revert to my snapshot prior to the release upgrade.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ksauer507,

The last release for MineMeld was the Docker container, which will run perfectly fine on a host running 20.04. I would no longer utilize the direct installation anymore as that release isn't actively being maintained at all. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ksauer507,

The last release for MineMeld was the Docker container, which will run perfectly fine on a host running 20.04. I would no longer utilize the direct installation anymore as that release isn't actively being maintained at all. 

Ok so I googled it and came across this thread:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-articles/running-minemeld-using-docker/ta-p/289062

I didn't even think about running it in docker.  Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a whirl!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!