We are upgrading to 8.0 and have noticed the cavet about new log storage in 8.0. We do not have log collectors setup, but are collecting logs in Panorama (threat and traffic only) and wonder if the existing log migration applies to these as well?
Thanks in advance for any advice,
@jdelio, thank you for the link, as we have dedicated log collectors - physical appliances, so I guess the last command you supplied won't be applicable for us? I am trying to get a clear instruction on upgrading our environment, so far your comment above seems the closest one. As the option for labbing this up is restricted, since we don't have any spare log collectors to test, and also the log conversation process sounds like irreversible, so I am a bit nervous.
@Fengrui, You either have Log collectors and use the first command:
> request logdb migrate lc serial-number<serial_number> start
Or you do not have external log collectors, and you would then just upgrade the logdb:
> request logdb migrate vm start
We just recently upgraded our Panorama management pair (HA) from 7.1.9 to 8.0.4 and then proceeded to upgrade one of our dedicated M-500 log collectors. We ran into an issue which to this point has stumped support. I launch the log migration command from our management box against the upgrade LC and it launches fine with no errors but just sits at 0% complete and the time remaining on the clock just keeps increasing (see output of status command): 497k hour remaining!
Migration State: In Progress
Percent Complete: 0.00
Estimated Time Remaining:497597 hour(s) 58 min(s)
We have no logging or reporting within Panorama available for this 1 LC at this point. We have been without it now for over 1.5 months. We were recently instructed to upgrade to version 8.0.5 which I did this morning on our management boxes and LC and it is still hanging at 0% complete. Supposedly there were issues addresses specifically to the log migration process in this version. I am at the point where I just want to rebuild or wipe our M500 and start over. Any one have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Your upgrade and migration sounds similar to mine. I think your gonna have to make a decision from the secruity standpoint, have zero visibility vs waiting on a fix? Check out my post below.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!