URL Filter Conflict - Which Wins?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Filter Conflict - Which Wins?

L4 Transporter

I've done some testing but I just want to be 100% sure of this.

Let's say I have a URL Profile that blocks shareware sites.

Let's say I create a custom URL category that contains shareware sites, and on that URL Profile I set my custom category to "allow".

It seems to allow the sites in my custom category.

This is what I want, I just would like to check what the rules/logic are as to which wins when there is any sort of conflict where a site is in multiple categories (either predefined, custom, or a mixture of each) that have different actions within a profile.

Thanks very much.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi,

your custom url category action will supercede the brightcloud category action. In a nutshell the logic is as follows:

allow list

block list

custom category

brightcloud category

thanks,

Stephen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi,

your custom url category action will supercede the brightcloud category action. In a nutshell the logic is as follows:

allow list

block list

custom category

brightcloud category

thanks,

Stephen

Fantastic, thanks Stephen.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!