Use proxy only on certain URL's

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Use proxy only on certain URL's

L3 Networker

Hi,

I wanted to know if this was possible? We currently have an issue with 1 of our online services and it turns out to be a routing issue between Virgin and BT. The server seems to create 2 connections and when it is one the first connection it is fine, but the 2nd connection just grinds uploads to a snails pace. We found that if we proxy through a German server this company set up for us we can get the service perfectly fine.

I wondered if it was possible to get PA to do this just for this one specific URL?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hello

Current firewall does not have HTTP proxy and do edit HTTP header. There is a existing feature request "HTTP Proxy Support" regarding the support for same. Please request your SE to vote for this feature request to increase priority.

Please let me know if it helps u

Sai

~ Sai Srivastava Tumuluri ~

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hello

Current firewall does not have HTTP proxy and do edit HTTP header. There is a existing feature request "HTTP Proxy Support" regarding the support for same. Please request your SE to vote for this feature request to increase priority.

Please let me know if it helps u

Sai

Thanks Sai,

I have logged it with me SE for this feature request. Hopefully it will be done in the near future.

Hello Russell,

Thank you for update please let us know if there are any question regarding this post or please do mark it as answered.

Sai

L7 Applicator

If the URL always resolves to the same public IP, and you had more than one route for internet traffic, you could build a PBF rule to have traffic coming/going from/to the website, be funneled through a different internet access route.

Would this be a possible solution for your network scenario?

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!