USER ID MAPPING

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

USER ID MAPPING

L2 Linker

What will give you better results, User-ID Agents installed on domain controllers, or Server Monitoring from the firewall (agentless)? 

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Server monitoring is only one way of getting user id and it can be done with both agent on DC or on-device.

Combining different collection features (security logs, session monitoring, wmi probing...) would probably give best results. And if you have a large ip turnover, you better keep collection intervals low.

To add to dieterb comment, both agents will read the security logs of DCs to get userID-IP mappings.  Session Monitoring is optional and can be turn on/off on the agents.  Session Monitoring will pick up on users connecting to a file or print server.  Thanks.

we have about 18,000 devices spread across 3 domains.  what would be a recommended collection interval/

L5 Sessionator

If you have a large user base which seems to be the case and you have multiple domains your best option i believe will be to go with User id agent since you will need to configure different profiles for LDAP to map the different domains.

Hope this helps

Numan

L4 Transporter

I'd start with the default intervals.

Then do some testing to get an acceptable correlation between users and ip's.

Situation as described here Re: User loses privileges...UserID is actually a good test. See how long it takes for the right user to be mapped back to your ip.

Not applicable

Hello,

I guess that the better option is install a user-id agent. I had some problems with agentless and when I put the user-id agent the things gone out.

installing user id agents will be better solution

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!