User mapped via CLI but no through Web-UI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User mapped via CLI but no through Web-UI

L2 Linker

Hello all:

I am trying to configure an user in a security policy but when I write the first 4 letters of his username it doesn't appear (screenshoot attached). However, it does appear throug CLI:

admin@PA1(active)> show user ip-user-mapping all | match mmlu

10.161.34.189   vsys1  UIA     idc\mmluque                      3516           3516

Any clue about the problem?.

Thanks so much,

Best regards

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

The ip-user mapping is received through the agent. If you need to use groups/users in the policy make sure to configure group mapping on the device: Device -> User Identification -> Group Mapping Settings

L6 Presenter

debug user-id refresh dp-uid-gid

debug user-id refresh group-mapping all

debug user-id refresh user-id agent all

can you try these.how many DC do you have in LDAP profile ?

L2 Linker

Thanks for your answers. Today the user didn't appear neither CLI nor web-ui. Tomorrow I'll try it again.

@panos, in my LDAP profile I have 4 servers.

Hello:

I launched the 3 commands but the problem persists, I see the user through CLI but not in web-ui.

Regards

Hello Comip,

It appears that there is a mismatch between the group names that is being fetched from the agent, and from the firewall when it talks directly to the LDAP server for group mapping. Do you have any "Domain" name configured under the LDAP server settings? If so, can we delete the domain name and commit the changes, and see if it makes a difference?

Thanks and best regards,

Karthik RP

I have the domain 'idc' configured in 'Domain' field. I manage Palo Alto through Global Protect VPN authenticated through LDAP and if I delete the idc in that field, I am not be able to authenticate through Global Protect, my user appears as 'invalid user'.

Best regards

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!