User or group

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User or group

L4 Transporter

Can you add a user group under the user tab in a security policy

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Yes,  with over 9k of users i would struggle with individuals....

i hope i understood the question...

@Mick_Ball

I can enter the group but it does not pop up in the drop down so I wasn't sure it could really see the group

When i select add in the user section of the policy it displays some groups before i type anything, these groups are already added in my group mapping “group include list“.

do you not have any groups in your list, its supposed to speed things up...

I wouls say no, perhaps you could test this to confirm, but its my understanding that when you place a group in the group include list, the firewall checks every 60 (default) mins to see who is in that group and stores it in its cache, i know this because when a user is added to a group on ad i have to run debug user-id refresh group-mapping to update the group membership cache if i need the mapping urgent...

Hello,

Also I have noticed that a commit is required from the time the group is added to when you can see it in the pull down menu for a policy.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

@OtakarKlier,

Only if you want it to auto populate or generate in the list. You can still use the fully qualified and it will function at the time of commit. 

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!