verify data traffic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

verify data traffic

L0 Member

I suspect my pair of pa3020s stopped passing data for a couple of minutes. How do i check? They're running panos 9.1.13-h3

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@kcheng

Traffic logs would be a quick and dirty check to see if it was accepting traffic and would be where I would start if I had any questions. If you have traffic logs recorded starting during your expected outage, you know it wasn't a complete dataplane issue.

Past that if you're asking this question I'm guessing that you aren't used to poking around the actual dataplane or management log files. I'd suggest you open a case with TAC and have them see if there was any issues with the dataplane during your expected outage. They'll be able to go through those logs from a technical support dump and verify whether or not the dataplane encountered any issues. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@kcheng

Traffic logs would be a quick and dirty check to see if it was accepting traffic and would be where I would start if I had any questions. If you have traffic logs recorded starting during your expected outage, you know it wasn't a complete dataplane issue.

Past that if you're asking this question I'm guessing that you aren't used to poking around the actual dataplane or management log files. I'd suggest you open a case with TAC and have them see if there was any issues with the dataplane during your expected outage. They'll be able to go through those logs from a technical support dump and verify whether or not the dataplane encountered any issues. 

thx BPry. and guilt as charged. 🙁 my company had this issue at a couple of its other sites. but the thing tac noticed then was support lapsed. this isnt case for last week's hiccup tho.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!