Virtual firewall in HA with failover ip`s?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Virtual firewall in HA with failover ip`s?

L1 Bithead

Hello, good morning.

I have a virtual firewall vm-300

I'm considering setting up the firewall in HA.

But the company where I have the dedicated servers does not offer me floating ip`s.

But they do offer failover ip's.

It is possible to mount a HA, with failover 's  ip's?

There is some other alternative that you can recommend to me to avoid having a single point of failure.

Thank you very much

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@baron1234,

The failover IPs would function in an HA Active/Active configuration. Since the firewall would still have seperate interface IPs you would not be ablve to utilize Active/Passive configuration. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@baron1234,

What exactly would be the end goal of having HA on these firewalls? Usually when you are hosting firewalls within a hosting enviroment there is very little reason to actually configure the firewalls in HA. 

Hello. Behind this firewall there will be services that must have an availability of 99.9%.

The virtual firewall is mounted on the KVM hypervisor and it is mounted on CentOS.

I am concerned that if the server hardware, or the CentOS or the KVM or the Virtual firewall itself fails, I will be unavailable for service...

That's why I want to set up a HA, so I can continue to provide service.

Thanks

@baron1234,

The failover IPs would function in an HA Active/Active configuration. Since the firewall would still have seperate interface IPs you would not be ablve to utilize Active/Passive configuration. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!