Virtual Wire - Two Subinterface with seperate Tag Paired

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Virtual Wire - Two Subinterface with seperate Tag Paired

L1 Bithead
hi..I'm working on a virtual-wire solution where the firewall is connecting to single switch fabric, so the ingress and egress is between same firewall and switch.

Is it possible to create a virtual wire pair with different sub-interface tags ?

eg: If ingress to firewall from switch is on vlan 10 and egress from firewall to switch is on vlan 20, would the firewall remap the packets from 10 and 20 and vice-versa

is this acceptable configuration with virtual wire ? or should the pair of sub-interface have SAME TAGS ?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

So the virtual wire is a 'bump' in the wire, meaning both sides should be the same. Not sure why you would want that config since it sounds like more of a router than a virtual wire.

Hope that helps.

i had the same understanding but i wanted to double check..thanks for quick reply

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!