Did you mean: 
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

VM-Series SKU End of Life question

L3 Networker

Hi Guys

so we have a client with a number of VM-100 FWs on Azure.. we recently migrated them from perpetual licenses over to NGFW Software Credits. so at the moment they are still running as VM-100 but with the flex licenses valid till 2026

now.. according to this the VM-100 series expires end of July 2024

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/end-of-life-announcements/end-of-life-summary#vm-s...

so if i already migrated over to software credits, can i relax? or do we need to adjust the SKU to custom rather than fixed VM models?

thanks in adv

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@PA_nts,

It's my understanding that there's nothing that you'll need to do if you've already migrated to the credit-based licensing model. The ability to purchase support on old licensing model is simply ending and you'll now be forced to make the transition to credit licensing if you haven't already.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@PA_nts,

It's my understanding that there's nothing that you'll need to do if you've already migrated to the credit-based licensing model. The ability to purchase support on old licensing model is simply ending and you'll now be forced to make the transition to credit licensing if you haven't already.

L3 Networker

Thanks BPry

Correct.. I double checked with Palo support also and as I have already migrated to the credit based license model.. there is no pending actions to take. so i am good for now till the renewal of the credits comes up..

cheers!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 101 Subscriptions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!