VmFirewall on Xen?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VmFirewall on Xen?

L1 Bithead

Hello, good morning.

I have purchased the vm300 virtual firewall.

I have seen that no downloads are available for the XEN hypervisor at this time.

There are for vmware, kvm, citrix netscaler, etc.

I finally got the vmware virtual machine running on Xenserver after adding some xen libraries so that the parts could communicate correctly.

But I wonder if this poses any problems with Paloalto's support.

Greetings

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@baron1234,

You are running the VM on an unsupported hypervisor and with that support is limited in how much they will actually help you. BUT... I haven't actually heard of anyone getting bad support simply because they were running on a non-supported hypervisor. Support will assist you just as they would with anyone else, and if an issue could be linked to the fact that you are running a non-supported enviroment support will simply tell you to move to a supported hypervisor. 

In the end it essentially breaks down to this. 

Basic configuration support: Likely won't have any issues with this, as the hypervisor doesn't really get brought up. 

'hardware' issues: If you notice something like an interface issue or something like that, you likely won't get any love from support. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@baron1234,

You are running the VM on an unsupported hypervisor and with that support is limited in how much they will actually help you. BUT... I haven't actually heard of anyone getting bad support simply because they were running on a non-supported hypervisor. Support will assist you just as they would with anyone else, and if an issue could be linked to the fact that you are running a non-supported enviroment support will simply tell you to move to a supported hypervisor. 

In the end it essentially breaks down to this. 

Basic configuration support: Likely won't have any issues with this, as the hypervisor doesn't really get brought up. 

'hardware' issues: If you notice something like an interface issue or something like that, you likely won't get any love from support. 

L0 Member

Hi Baron

I have the same problem as you. How did you get it running on xenserver, and what were the libraries you installed?

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!