VPN Site-to-Site FQDN peer ( Dyndns )

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L4 Transporter

Good afternoon, I am trying to set up a site to Site VPN using as PEER FQDN  myvpnsite2.dynalias.net ( DynDNS ).

Should I also use the Local and Peer identification parameters and settings or it is not necessary?

Although the IP is dynamic ( IN BOTH SITES ), I am referencing the peer with a DYNDNS FQDN.

Please your support and comments, thank you very much.

FQDN_Dyndns.JPG

High Sticker
2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

It is not a requirement to fill in these fields but does add a bit of additional security since those entries will also be used in the IKEv1 phase 1 SA and IKEv2 SA establishment. Set them to None to start with and if you want to add additional security after the tunnel is up, fill in these fields. However the other side should match.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-0/pan-os-web-interface-help/network/network-network-prof...

Regards,

@OtakarKlier 

Good afternoon, thank you very much for the clarification.

Regarding sites with dynamic public IP, if in both sites I have Dynamic Public IP ( DHCP - DynDNS)

In the "Local IP Address" configuration should I select "None"?

Do two sites connected by vpn site-to-site, with DynDNS, operate correctly?

Thank you very much, I remain attentive

None_Ip_Dhcp.JPG

High Sticker
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!