cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Vulneability SQL Injection

L2 Linker

Hi,

we have done some Vulnerability assessment on firewall with PAN-OS version 7.1.8 version. And found below vulnerability for which we are not able to find CVE or solution. Help me to find a solution for below:

Vulnerability : CGI Generic SQL Injection (blind) - 443/tcp
Synopsis :
A CGI application hosted on the web server running on this host is potentially prone to SQL injection attack.

Description :
By sending specially crafted parameters to one or more CGI scripts hosted on the web server
running on this host, Nessus was able to get very different response, which suggests that it may have been
able to modify the behaviour of the application and directly access the underlying database.
An attacker may be able to exploit this issue to bypass authentication,read confidential data, modify the remote database,
or even take control of the operating system.
Note that this script is experimental and may be prone to false positives.

Solution :
Modify the affected CGI scripts so that they properly escape arguments.

regards,

Sachin

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SachinDahale,

So I just scanned this on one of my firewalls utilizing Nessus Professional and did not locate the listed vulnerability on 8.0.4; so it would appear that Palo Alto has fixed this in later releases, although I'm not positive what version specifically. I would try updating your box to the 7.1.11 or 7.1.12 release and rescanning, if still present then it must be a fix within the 8.0.* line. 

@BPry,

Thanks for quick reply. I will be awaiting your update on 7.1.11 PANOS version about this vulnerability.

🙂

Regards,

Sachin

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!