Want to allow specific file name file blocking

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Want to allow specific file name file blocking

L2 Linker

Hello Team,

Please let me know is there any way to allow particular file name .

Example:- I want to allow for all user that they can download test.txt but i want to block all other .txt file.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dmodi,

It currently isn't possible to create a file-blocking exception based off of the files name. I'm actually not sure how you would go about working around this limitation since you are trying to allow a file based off of it's filename; it's relatively easy to do the opposite and block specific filenames, but you can't reverse that to allow the file. 

L2 Linker

There's no direct config for this but I was able to find below workaround:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000CljWCAS

Hi @dmodi ,

What @MMadrala have suggested is really great idea.

I what thinking for another way - you can create custom application which look at HTTP response headers for Content Disposition and look for specific filename http-rsp-headers Context (paloaltonetworks.com)

I haven't tested it, but I am imagining

- you create a rule using the custom app and apply file blocking profile allowing txt files

- below that rule you have your default rules with file blocking profile blocking txt files.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!