WF-500 Appliance Registration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

WF-500 Appliance Registration

L2 Linker

My WF-500 appliance is behind a firewall and is failing registration. What external access is required on my firewall to ensure the device is registered?

I've allowed access to staticupdates.paloaltonetworks.com via 443 for software updates which is OK.

Initially to pass registration I temporarily allowed the device to any external IP address on 443 which passed registration. The device no longer appears registered.

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hello ascit,

Try with this:

updates.paloaltonetworks.com TCP/443

wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com TCP/443

Regards,

Guillermo.

L7 Applicator

Updates also require that valid DNS be working on the box.  And all these communications occur from the mgmt port by default so the routing must be good from that interface.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L4 Transporter

I do not believe there is a static address for wildfire like there is for the update server.

L2 Linker

Follow up: not all updates for the WF-500 work via staticupdates.paloaltonetworks.com, this was acknowledged when trying to download 6.1.x software.

L3 Networker

Check your Service Route Configuration.

Device->Setup->Services->Service Route configuration

Based upon this info. Check the logs to make sure that the traffic is making it out, e.g. source the filter from the interface you configured for that Service. If its using the management interface, use that IP to check for the traffic.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!