where is "Network > SSL-VPN" on 4.1.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

where is "Network > SSL-VPN" on 4.1.0

L3 Networker

Hi

Before I really got started with my PA500, I upgraded to the latest PANOS 4.1.0

Now I am trying to configure SSL-VPN and in the 4.0 Admin docs on page 259 the first section states :

Adding a new SSL-VPN

Network > SSL-VPN

The settings on the SSL-VPN tab control the firewall configuration. The settings on the ClientConfiguration tab are pushed to the user’s computer to provide information on how toconnect to the network.

But I dont have any Network -> SSL-VPN option??

My box should be licensed to handle SSL-VPN

I tested Network->GlobalProtect (Portals, Gateways) and I successfully had a laptop connect - but this it not the same as SSL-VPN right?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

@FlexyZ:

This is from the 4.1 release notes:

NETCONNECT SSL-VPN FEATURESNetConnect functionality has been merged with GlobalProtect. With PAN-OS 4.1, the NetConnect agent and portal components are migrated to GlobalProtect. To cover the NetConnect functionality, basic GlobalProtect functionality is now available to all customers with no license. A GlobalProtect Portal license is still required for multi-gateway deployments and a GlobalProtect Gateway subscription is required for host profiling capability. Refer to the GlobalProtect section for all new features related to NetConnect functionality.

thanks Smiley Happy - any new docs out for 4.1.0 regarding globalprotect configuration?

Check out the follow docs:

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!