Who can beat this number ...?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Who can beat this number ...?

L4 Transporter

Peta.jpg

PANOS 5.0.6 ....

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

The issue is very rare and is most likely happens due to the Dataplane being extremely busy when writing to the traffic log. The log gets corrupted when being written. In the traffic logs, Start Time is generated by Dataplane and Receive Time is generated by Management Plane. Also then the question comes why did it pick year 2031 i believe because the end time of unix for 32 bit systems is 2031. I don't believe there is any fix for this issue. This an event where a single log entry got corrupted.

Hope this helps you understand why you saw this.

Thank you

Numan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

Hello

This is a known issue. I would recommend you to open a case with the support.

Already done

L4 Transporter

If you have just seen this issue. I would recommend you to follow the steps below which will help the support team to troubleshoot further. 

> show session all filter source <SRC-IP> destination <DST-IP>

> show session id {#id of the session in step1}

Upload the putty logging outputs and screenshots.

L5 Sessionator

The issue is very rare and is most likely happens due to the Dataplane being extremely busy when writing to the traffic log. The log gets corrupted when being written. In the traffic logs, Start Time is generated by Dataplane and Receive Time is generated by Management Plane. Also then the question comes why did it pick year 2031 i believe because the end time of unix for 32 bit systems is 2031. I don't believe there is any fix for this issue. This an event where a single log entry got corrupted.

Hope this helps you understand why you saw this.

Thank you

Numan

Say good bye to the Y2K problem, say hello to Mr 2031 😃

L4 Transporter

Fixed in 5.0.8

54347—Extremely large amounts of traffic (Exabytes, or Billions of Gigabytes) were

showing up in the ACC tab and logs for users. An issue where the date of record

showed as starting in 2031 caused the incorrect counter of traffic, due to the date being

set in the future. Date verification is now supported to prevent this from occurring.

L4 Transporter

Those high numbers also show up in reports...

Even with 5.0.8 ?

Not that I know, we're not on 5.0.8 yet...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!