Wildfire - email notification issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Wildfire - email notification issues

L4 Transporter

Has anyone else experienced wildfire email notifications not being sent to all team members?

Basically we have 3 team members who are all setup the same to recieve wildfire email notifications. One team member gets about 95% of the notficitions via email the other 2 team members only get 5% of the notifictions via email. This has been ongoing for about a month and a support ticket is open.

Just talked to another PA customer and they are experiencing the same symptoms as us too. Seems it is a backend issue at PA.

Any thoughts to help resolve this would be much appreciated

WildFire

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You have configured email notifications in Wildfire portal?

I usually prefer to set them up on firewall.

This gives flexibility where I can specify based on policy what Wildfire events I just want to log and for what immidiate notification is needed.

For example seperate requirements for SMTP traffic:

Internet > Spam filter in DMZ (log only)

Spam filter in DMZ > Exchange in Servers zone (notify)

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Yup. In the wildfire portal all 3 of us have them set to only send notifications for malware. This had always functioned properly until about a month ago. 

also of note that i forgot to mention is we do not even see these notifications arriving to our spam gateway. For example admin 1 gets 45 malware WF notifications and see all 45 email notifications in spam gateway sent to admin 1, meanwhile admn 2 and admin 3 configured the same as admin 1 receive 3 malware WF notifications and no wildfire email notifications sent to admin 2 and 3 are in the spam gateway either.

Hi,

we encounter the same. Since some weeks the email report function from Wildfire cloud is not reliable. I have also a ticket open.

apparently there is a backend issue that is being worked on. not sure when it will be corrected.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!