Wrong SNMP Values after Upgrading to 6.0.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Wrong SNMP Values after Upgrading to 6.0.2

L2 Linker

Hi,

after Upgrading from 5.0.7 to 6.0.2 I got wrong values for active sessions information in my monitoring tool. The device it selfs shows a much lower value then my SNMP-network Monitoring tool.

E:G.         

on the device:

ssh.JPG.jpg

gui.JPG.jpg

At the same time via SNMP

snmp2.JPG.jpg

SNMP.JPG.jpg

Is this How can I solve these problem?

Greetings from the old continent

Robert

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hello Robert,

Through CLI, by default  you will get the max session capacity of only DP-0 ( Data-plane-0).  If you change the target DP to DP-1 and  run the same command, it will give you:

admin@eapafw01> set system setting target-dp dp1

Session target dp changed to dp1

admin@eapafw01> show session info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of sessions supported:                    786418  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Max capacity for DP-1

Number of active sessions:                       0

Number of active TCP sessions:                   0

Number of active UDP sessions:                   0

Number of active ICMP sessions:                  0

Number of active BCAST sessions:                 0

Number of active MCAST sessions:                 0

Number of active predict sessions:               0

Session table utilization:                       0%

Number of sessions created since bootup:         76

Packet rate:                                     0/s

Throughput:                                      0 kbps

New connection establish rate:                   0 cps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we know, PA-5020 is having 2 data-plane ( DP-0 and DP-1), then the total session capacity of the box would be ( 1048574+786411= ~ 1834992).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

L2 Linker

Hello Hulk,

thanks for your help. It seems that this is the solution. I changed to dp1 and saw further 25000 active sessions.

ssh-dp0.JPG.jpgssh-dp1.JPG.jpg

If I summarize both active sessions, I have the same value like my SNMP-Monitor shows.

I'm wondering. Under 5.0.7 the snmp value was only shown for dp0 (respectivley the value looked so). Now I will investigate was dp0 and dp1 means and what the reale active session value is.

Thanks

Robert

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!