zabbix

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

zabbix

L6 Presenter

Hi,

anyone has a document configuring an already installed Zabbix snmp for PaloAlto device ?

Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

panos - if you just let Zabbix do an interface discovery it should find all the interfaces on the PA

The number of sessions, percent of max sessions in use, management/dataplane CPU usage and memory usage OIDs are all graphable too, you just look up the OIDs for the PA you want to monitor and build items in Zabbix to retrieve the data.

I am graphing 3 different PA firewalls we have with Zabbix, and it's working great. It's even led to discovery of problems (e.g. the User-ID agent bug that was spiking the management plane CPU)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

L3 Networker

I am not sure about documents but I was able to look through the Zabbix forums when I was configuring it.

Perhaps the following two links will be of help to you

https://www.zabbix.com/forum/showthread.php?p=131272  

http://www.oidview.com/mibs/25461/PAN-COMMON-MIB.html  

L4 Transporter

panos - if you just let Zabbix do an interface discovery it should find all the interfaces on the PA

The number of sessions, percent of max sessions in use, management/dataplane CPU usage and memory usage OIDs are all graphable too, you just look up the OIDs for the PA you want to monitor and build items in Zabbix to retrieve the data.

I am graphing 3 different PA firewalls we have with Zabbix, and it's working great. It's even led to discovery of problems (e.g. the User-ID agent bug that was spiking the management plane CPU)

I just did that it works fine.Just timezone I couldn't configure ?

Can we change time from gui ?

On the Zabbix side, you need to set the timezone in your php.ini (it's one of those weird things the Zabbix php scripts inherit from php.ini)

Here's a snippet from my php.ini as an example:

; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions

; http://www.php.net/manual/en/datetime.configuration.php#ini.date.timezone

;date.timezone =

date.timezone = America/New_York

Thanks for help.

Regards.

Yup, no problem! Glad I could help. Happy Zabbixing

Hi dear PANOS

I have one problem

traffic.jpg

sec pol.jpg

i open tcp  80 port (web-browsing).  but blocking access web server from WAN only one reason (not-applicable)  why?

Hi,

You better open a new subject that is not about zabbix I think Smiley Happy

Also attach your NAT configuration that seems to be wrong.

L1 Bithead

:smileylaugh: ha ha  sorry

Which one is right?

a

sec pol A.jpg

b

sec pol B.jpg

Now why denied same 80 port. Application to kind of Web-Crawler and Web-Browsing is different or...

log.jpg

What is reason?

Web server not working normal from WAN

i dont understand :smileyplain:  Whylog.jpg

log1.jpg

mram: seriously, open a separate thread on this... you just seemed to have grabbed a random forum thread discussing zabbix and you're piggybacking off it. Please open a new thread if you want help with your issue.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!