Fix shell issues (Fish) with GlobalProtect Linux App

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Fix shell issues (Fish) with GlobalProtect Linux App

L0 Member

Hello, 

I've encountered some issues using the global protect app due to shell incompabilities with debian installation scritps on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS using fish shell.
Capture d’écran du 2023-05-22 11-30-35.png
There was some incompatibilites with fish, as shown under here ( with a user named zakaria for instance) . 
MicrosoftTeams-image (5).png
The trouble appears with some variables expansion.

Here is a workable fix 

I've managed to fix them (basically adding a sh -s /bin/bash at each shell call command in postinst deb package script. Please find here a diff between the orginal deb package(orpack) and the repacked one (repack2).

Capture d’écran du 2023-05-22 11-17-12.png Here are the diff in detail with line number associated with modification of scripts 
Capture d’écran du 2023-05-22 11-18-03.png

If users which to use the original deb repacked, please find it attached here (from the version 6.0.1-6) in a zip container. 

Feel free to add any useful info I've might have missed or done wrong. 

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!