GlobalProtect connecting but shows Gateway IP as the username

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GlobalProtect connecting but shows Gateway IP as the username

L1 Bithead

I am testing pre logon with GlobalProtect and see an odd behavior with the username showing as the Gateway IP on the GlobalProtect client and on the firewall under GlobalProtect>Gateways>Remote Users.  Under Monitor>User-ID it also shows the user as the Gateway IP for the data source vpn-client and souce type globalprotect.  I have installed the user-id agent on the domain controller and I can see on the firewall unser User-ID it shows the domain users when the data source is agent and the source name is the domain controller.  I'm not sure where else to check why the user id is not displaying when connected to GlobalProtect.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

found the issue was with the Username Field under certificate profile, I had to use Subject Alt with Principal Name.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

are you seeing this at pre-logon or after the user has logged into the workstation/laptop

After the user has logged into the workstation/laptop

L1 Bithead

found the issue was with the Username Field under certificate profile, I had to use Subject Alt with Principal Name.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!