PPPoE and GlobalProtect Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PPPoE and GlobalProtect Issues

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone could tell me where I'm going wrong with this.

We have recently acquired a secondary ISP line which is connected to our PA's eth1/1 via PPPoE, which includes /28 available IPs. I am looking at moving one of our client's GlobalProtect portal and gateway from our primary ISP line (Which is via static IP) to the secondary's .162/28 public IP is the public IP in particular. I attempted this migration last night and stumbled on issues.

The PPPoE public IP is set to .175/28. The ISP has set it so that this is the CPE IP, without me having to manually set a static IP on eth1/1.

What I simply attempted was changing the GP's loopback, NAT, and security policy addresses to that of the new IP (.162/28). Then when attempting to browse to the portal on HTTPS, I see the traffic coming into eth1/1 on 162/28 (seeing loopback.2 as destination interface correctly), but aging out. So it seems for some reason to not know how to reach the portal. I note that it works if I set the GP address to the eth1/1 CPE address (175/28).

I'm at odds at where I'm going wrong here. It works fine via static IP but not PPPoE. Any ideas are appreciated.

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Capture2.PNG

L1 Bithead

Anyone, please?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!