VPN Total Connections Report

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPN Total Connections Report

L2 Linker

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to get a report that would show the total connections that were made VIA Global Connect. 

I can see this when I go look at the Gateway as it shows how many people are connected there.

thoffman_0-1665426365122.png

Is there a way to get a report for the last 30 days stating this number? This is on a PA-3200 PAN-OS 10.x.x

Thank you,
Tom

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@thoffman,

There's not a way to really get this information directly on the firewall in a format that makes a lot of sense. What you'll find is that a lot of users connect multiple times a day, and the firewall's built-in custom reports are too limited to really make that report all that usable.

What I would personally recommend doing is either shipping GlobalProtect logs to a SIEM that can better build this report, or simply using the API coupled with a database to do the same thing if you have scripting knowledge. The API call is what personally find easiest to do since you can just get the total user count broken up by gateway along with the total user count and right it to a database or any other form of record including something as simple as a CSV file. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@thoffman,

There's not a way to really get this information directly on the firewall in a format that makes a lot of sense. What you'll find is that a lot of users connect multiple times a day, and the firewall's built-in custom reports are too limited to really make that report all that usable.

What I would personally recommend doing is either shipping GlobalProtect logs to a SIEM that can better build this report, or simply using the API coupled with a database to do the same thing if you have scripting knowledge. The API call is what personally find easiest to do since you can just get the total user count broken up by gateway along with the total user count and right it to a database or any other form of record including something as simple as a CSV file. 

L2 Linker

@BPry,

Logs are sent to a SIEM so that is what we are going to do.

Thank you.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!