What is the meaning of GP app setting "Allow GlobalProtect UI to Persist for User Input"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What is the meaning of GP app setting "Allow GlobalProtect UI to Persist for User Input"

L3 Networker

What is the meaning of GP app setting "Allow GlobalProtect UI to Persist for User Input" , for what purpose this option we can use ?

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

I had the same question and just found this tidbit from the GP 5.2 release notes:

"(GlobalProtect app 5.2.9 and later releases) To enable an improved authentication experience, you can now configure the GlobalProtect app to continue to display the status panel while the end user is entering their credentials when logging in or cancels the request. By default, the Allow GlobalProtect UI to Persist for User Input setting is disabled. The end user must click outside the status panel to minimize it manually when entering their credentials.
Available with Content Release Version 8450-6909 or later."

Matt

L2 Linker

I'm not running into this same question. Found the same tidbit as Mprintz but I feel like it's not explained well. Or maybe I can't comprehend it well enough. From my experience Global Protect has always displayed the "status panel" when entering credentials. Maybe I don't understand what the "status panel" is? 

• 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!