NGFW with Anomali Threat Stream

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

NGFW with Anomali Threat Stream

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I'm newbie in this field. I want to make Palo Alto Firewall can integrate with Anomali Threat Stream.

How to configure on NGFW side?

Regards,

Juning

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello again,

Per my last update, I was able to get a little more information on how to integrate Palo Alto Networks NGFW with Anomali Threat Stream.

The integration is performed via what we refer to as an External Dynamic List object (EDL):

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-0/pan-os-admin/policy/use-an-external-dynamic-list-in-pol...

Anomali provides an on-premise component called the "Integrator" that allows you to specify the Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) that you wish to use in your firewall security rules.

Within the firewall, you would configure an EDL object to point to the Anomali Integrator server, then use the EDL in your security policy. The firewall will poll Anomali at the specified interval to dynamically update the contents of the EDL object based on whatever is learned from Anomali.

The beauty in using EDLs is you do not need to perform a commit on the firewall to recognize any changes to the membership!

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

-JeffH

Jeff Hochberg | Sr. Systems Engineer - Technical Business Development

Palo Alto Networks | Atlanta, GA |  USA

The content of this message is the proprietary and confidential property of Palo Alto Networks and should be treated as such. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your computer system and notify me immediately by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution of the content of this message is prohibited.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am looking into this for you - standby.

The content of this message is the proprietary and confidential property of Palo Alto Networks and should be treated as such. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your computer system and notify me immediately by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution of the content of this message is prohibited.

Hello again,

Per my last update, I was able to get a little more information on how to integrate Palo Alto Networks NGFW with Anomali Threat Stream.

The integration is performed via what we refer to as an External Dynamic List object (EDL):

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-0/pan-os-admin/policy/use-an-external-dynamic-list-in-pol...

Anomali provides an on-premise component called the "Integrator" that allows you to specify the Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) that you wish to use in your firewall security rules.

Within the firewall, you would configure an EDL object to point to the Anomali Integrator server, then use the EDL in your security policy. The firewall will poll Anomali at the specified interval to dynamically update the contents of the EDL object based on whatever is learned from Anomali.

The beauty in using EDLs is you do not need to perform a commit on the firewall to recognize any changes to the membership!

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

-JeffH

Hi,

Thank you for your advise.

It works

Regards,

Ganteng

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!