Antivirus updates failing 9.1.15

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Antivirus updates failing 9.1.15

L1 Bithead

Hi All.

I am having issues where the antivirus updates are not checking the servers nor downloading.

I have a valid advanced threat license and an expired threat license.

Background running: 9.1.15

Observations:

Content updates are functional and automatically downloading.

If i delete the expired threat license, i am able to download the antivirus from paloalto manually and install it.

The next day the expired threat license is downloaded again and the manual process fails until i delete the expired threat license.

This is the only way i can currently update anti-virus, through the above sequence.

If i dont do any of the above, via GUI or CLI it will not check the palo update servers, not download the updates even though i have a valid advanced threat license.

This is on a PA-200 running 9.1.15

Any help would be great

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

as an update to this:

i updated to 10.1 same thing, 10.1 latest patch same thing.

tried this article: doing this allows me to manually update AV until license updates again.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u0000004NOKCA2&lang=en_US%E2%80%A...

All other dynamic updates are functioning normally, by downloading and installing.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!